To import images referenced by a database field into the Aurora Assets folder and table.
- Copy the images to the assets/import folder on the Aurora server. All images must be in the root; sub-folders are not scanned. Zip files should be decompressed.
- Using the table field editor, select the field containing the image reference.
Select the Image Import option
Images which are already an asset
- Related field to existing asset by renaming asset infield
Checks file has been copied successfully
- If not, copies file
Images found in the import folder:-
- Copied to the Assets folder with a new prefix of the Asset ID
- New record added to Aurora_Assets
- Image title, filename, original_filename are set
- Field filename reference renamed to include new Asset ID prefix
- Images which are already an asset
- Possible issue with scalability – the number of images which Windows can hold in file-system in a folder and access files quickly. Suggest a house-keeping mode could rename image references to include a path – the folder name of which would be based on the image category. During import, the image category could be set based on a related category of the item.